Saint Martin’s needs your help! “How in the world do you survive?” people often ask us. Trust is the simple, yet radical answer. We trust in God’s Providence and the goodness of others to help us provide for the needs of the Residents of St. Martin’s Home. This might seem like a dangerously naïve answer in today’s complex healthcare environment, but trust is what has sustained generations of Little Sisters for over 140 years in Baltimore.
Approximately 50% of the funds needed to operate St. Martin’s are generated by the Residents, with about 90% of this coming from Medicaid reimbursement for nursing care. The remaining 50% of the needed income is generated through fundraising—everything from direct mail campaigns, church collections, legacies and grants, to the numerous fund raising events held each year.
Ways to donate:
- Online donation
- St. Joseph’s Circle: sponsor a Resident of our home for a month with a tax-deductible donation of $4,000. Membership donation can be either annual or monthly payments.
- Gifts in Kind: businesses and individuals donate needed items such as food, personal care items and office supplies. See Wish List.
- Amazon Smile: The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the Little Sisters. Make a purchase at AmazonSmile and choose Little Sisters of the Poor, Baltimore as your charity of choice.
- Planned giving: make a lasting gift and receive the benefits of doing so. Contact us to discuss ways to structure your gift. Making a "Planned Gift" (pdf)
- Stock transfer: information available on request by contacting Jeffrey Wilson, 410-744-9367 ext. 121.
- Workplace giving: Find out if your company has a matching gift program and you can make your gift twice as nice. In addition, St. Martin’s Home participates in workplace giving campaigns, including Maryland Charity Campaign (9120) and Combined Federal Campaign (64989).
- Partnerships: businesses and parishes work as groups in entertaining or underwriting costs for the upkeep of the home.
- Tribute funds: these gifts can be in memory of a loved one or to honor someone.
- PayPal: Donate any amount today to the Little Sisters of the Poor Baltimore using PayPal.
As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, donations to the Little Sisters of the Poor at St. Martin's Home are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Our corporate name is: Little Sisters of the Poor, Baltimore, Inc.
Our tax I.D. number is: 52-0715244.
For more information on how you can support St. Martin’s Home, contact Sr. Lawrence Mary at email@example.com.